Monday, October 13, 2008

One persons trash






When my husband and I were first married we lived in St Louis. Every so often there was a big trash pickup day, and that was the day we went shopping. At that time garage sales were not as plentiful as they are today, and people would just set out their unwanted items. It was always fun to look through, and perhaps find a treasure or two.

In the town we live in now, there are still some people who will haul things to the curb when they clean out the house. We have wondered if we'll ever reach the age where we don't slow down and look over the pile. That day has not come yet. Here are a few items I found at a neighbors curb.

Is this too much? I can buy another shadow box instead of glueing anything on the outside. I haven't a clue where this could be hung.

2 comments:

Killjoy said...

You are hilarious. The other day we were watching tv and someone went into the trash and picked something out, which apparently Claire had never seen before. She was shocked and said, "They are taking their trash! They are trash shopping!!"

dlh said...

tell her "where does she think we got Brian" But don't tell Brian I said that.