Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We went to Branson






Mark and I stayed at the beautiful Chateau on the Lake in Branson Mo. Thank goodness SEMA will be paying for it, or FEMA, or well I'm not sure who but as long as it is not us I don't care. Below is just a picture of the back of the hotel. And next to this is a view from the 6th floor outside the glass elevators but insinde the hotel. It was a very relaxing week, I meant to go shopping but I didn't really want to when it came down to it. So I just played around, read, and took it easy. We were taken out to dinner by some company, and it was very nice. I met the fire chiefs wife from another Southeast Missouri city and it seemed as if I already knew her. She has two kids that are now married and she is very proud of, one a dentist and the other a speech therapist. They are also enjoying traveling around now that the kids are out of the house. She and her husband scuba and they are having a great time. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that, snorkeling is about my limit. But I think I need to swim better, which means I have to just start swimming every day. So maybe one day, I was tempted to try it in Cozumel, cause the water is so clear it didn't seem like a bad idea. I didn't though. I'm such a coward. Another thing this other couple is enjoying is a Harley Davidson- and she tried to talk Mark into getting one. I don't think after all the threats we gave the boys, we could take one up as a hobby though. But it did sound like they were having a blast.

What I was most proud of though on this trip was the fact that I did not screw up anything. That is right, I got the right date, the right hotel, and remembered to bring the right amount of stuff. I do believe this is a first for me. Usually I mess something up, I've gotten the wrong date for a vacation with the entire, extended family before. I had to scramble around to find new accommodations. I've messed up so many times, I just expect to now. And why do people still trust me to make arrangements without checking on them multiple time? I have no clue. Well I do send my California DIL my tickets and information ahead of time so she can check. I've been pretty good there, but not without compulsively checking the date & times over and over. Like an OCDer checking to see if the stove is off.

So I'm back at work, and just waiting for the next trip. Which may be California again, I have to make arrangements with C to stay in San Francisco in June. Hey, C, could I just give you my credit card and you do the booking? I really don't want to break this lucky streak I have going now.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I've not been to Branson but it sure sounds great.

I'm like you...I always screw up our trips somehow....LOL!

Deanna :D