Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter has come to Missouri

I know northern Missouri has already had its share of winter, but this is new to those of us in Southeast Missouri. We woke to ice and snow, but somehow managed to arrive at work early. Of course it helps to be driven in, and dropped off at the door by Mark. I took pictures to post and now I can't find my cable to attach to pc, so I will post those later. The pictures are for a certain granddaughter residing in Orange County, Calif. note to Claire: you poor thing, I know you have school today, and if you were here you would not. you could sleep late, then dress warm and take to the hills with a tobaggan or a saucer. You could fly down the hill in the back of our house, landing in a heap of snow and ice. The ice crystals could freeze on your gloves, incasing them in a layer of crust that would make the gloves stand on their own when you pulled them from your hand. Your face would be red from the excitement and probably the cold, but that's ok, cause for a while you wouldn't be able to feel your face anyway. And when your feet could not take anymore, you could come inside for some hot chocolate and marshmallows. Claire, I feel so bad for you. I mean you are at school today, and what then? you come home and what can you do? Go to the beach? Really? But you might get sand in your hair! And aren't you getting tired of all that warm weather? Come to Misery, I mean Missouri!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Brrrr!! I grew up in West Texas and we had snow and ice quite a bit during the winter. Being here in San Antonio, I miss that kind of weather. We are supposed to have a cold front come through tonight so I'm waiting for that gust of cold air. It's been cold on and off this month which has our mornings being cold and the afternoons hot as summer. No wonder I have the sneezies!

Hugs,
Deanna :)

Killjoy said...

Deb! You rat! We're homesick enough! Yes, Claire is going to school, and even though it was 80 here yesterday, we still didn't hit the beach. I'm going to LA again today to watch "The Doctors". Fun. I will take pictures this time. I just can't take the camera into the studio.
Next year we will sled!

Killjoy said...

Deb! You rat! We're homesick enough! Yes, Claire is going to school, and even though it was 80 here yesterday, we still didn't hit the beach. I'm going to LA again today to watch "The Doctors". Fun. I will take pictures this time. I just can't take the camera into the studio.
Next year we will sled!